Grow Fruits and Veggies
Grow Shrubs and Vines
Staff Tips Archive
Measure your square footage and we'll do the math for you.
- Lawn. Time for Weed & Feed. Step 2 of the 4-step lawn program. Whether you are doing all four steps or just this one now is the time to get your Weed & Feed down. Put it down on a wet lawn and then no watering for 48 hours.
- Spring Pruning. This time of year is when you prune Lilacs, Rhododendrons, and Azaleas. You want to prune as soon as the flowers are done. Prune much later and you prune off next years flowers.
- Tomatoes. The secret to bigger and better tomatoes is to remove the leaves from the bottom one foot of the stem once they are about 3 feet tall. These are the first leaves to develop fungus problems. Mulching around your tomatoes will help prevent water from splashing up and spreading blight.
- Veggies. Give your veggies a big jump with some organic vegetable fertilizer.
- Annuals. Use Gertens Bloom Enhancer fertilizer once a week on flowering annuals to keep those beautiful blooms coming.
2016 Lawn and Turf Handbook
Gertens Lawn & Turf Handbook is your complete guide to an easy and beautiful lawn. Download your copy here.