Grow Fruits and Veggies
Grow Shrubs and Vines
Staff Tips Archive
Measure your square footage and we'll do the math for you.
- Lawn. Time for turf Special. Step 3 of the 4-step lawn program. Whether you are doing all four steps or just this one now is the time to get your Turf Special down. Directions: Mow lawn, apply Turf Special and water it in thoroghly within 30 minutes.
- Canning & Freezing. Don't let any of the garden's harvest go to waste. Start to can and freeze your favorites right away.
- Tomatoes. The secret to bigger and better tomatoes is to remove the leaves from the bottom one foot of the stem once they are about 3 feet tall. These are the first leaves to develop fungus problems. Mulching around your tomatoes will help prevent water from splashing up and spreading blight.
- Veggies. Give your veggies a big jump with some organic vegetable fertilizer.
- Handing Baskets & Containers.Keep hanging baskets and planters looking their best all season long with a few tips from the Gertens experts. Read how here.
2016 Lawn and Turf Handbook
Gertens Lawn & Turf Handbook is your complete guide to an easy and beautiful lawn. Download your copy here.