Grow Fruits and Veggies
Grow Shrubs and Vines
Staff Tips Archive
Measure your square footage and we'll do the math for you.
- Houseplants. Re-pot houseplants to give them more room to grow. Treat for insects if needed, don't let them get out of control. Fertilize monthly.
- Grilling. If you are grilling a turkey or ham for the holidays, be sure to use a remote thermometer to monitor the meat and make sure it reaches the appropriate temperature.
Do you have a cover for your grill? A lot easier removing a cover than wiping off your grill and side table not to mention cleaner.
- Water Features. check the de-icer on ponds every couple of days if you have fish. Watch for evaporation in ponds and top off as needed.
- Landscape. Look through yard and look for signs of animal damage to trees or shrubs. Use deterrants if needed.
- Birding. Birds need water in the winte. Fill your heated birdbath often and place them near your feeder.
2015 Lawn and Turf Handbook
Gertens Lawn & Turf Handbook is your complete guide to an easy and beautiful lawn. Download your copy here.