Gertens Guide to a Squeaky Clean Grill…in only 15 minutes!
Weber Spring Grill Prep: Saturday March 25, 10am-3pm.
Now that the weather is warm enough for regular grilling, we here at Gertens want to make the oh-so-fun task of cleaning your grill as quick and easy as possible.
|The best grilling is on a clean grill!|
- First, make sure all the dials on your grill are in the ‘off’ position. Then turn off and disconnect your propane tank.
- Fill a bucket or plastic storage bin with hot, soapy water. Time to bust out your work gloves!
Remove the grates and the metal plates under them, place the grates in the hot soapy water and let ‘em soak.
- Loosely cover the heating elements with a big piece of foil for protection. All that ash and debris will fall onto the foil, and make disposing of it a snap.
- Now take out your grill brush and scrub the underside of the hood. There will probably be some lovely residue that looks like peeling paint. Not to worry, that is actually a harmless buildup of carbon from grease and smoke. But it’s gross, so let’s get rid of it.
- Now use your grill brush to scrub the inside walls above the elements, after you are done wipe them with a damp paper towel.
- Remove the drip pan and turn it upside down over a trash bin to empty it. Place it in the same container or hot soapy water for a soak.
Here’s a tip: Before your next grill use, get some drip pan liners and you can skip this step. Less work!
- Bath time is over. Take the grates and drip pan out of the soapy water and lean them against a wall or ledge. Scrape and scrub them with your grill brush and rinse off well with your hose. Is the gunk irremovably fused to your grates? Not to worry, we carry a full line of replacement grates.
- Now it’s time to toss that aluminum foil and lightly scrub the elements with your grill brush.
Replace the metal plates, grates, and drip pan (with liners!) no need to dry them.
- Now you can sweep out the interior of any cabinets and replace your propane tank.
- Last but not least grab some stainless steel wipes and go over the exterior of your grill for a streak free shine that will leave your grill sparkling like new!
To preserve that showroom look, cover your grill after cleaning and between uses.